Xarelto Side Effects – For the Consumer
Xarelto Side Effects – For the Consumer:
Generic name: rivaroxaban
Applies to rivaroxaban: oral tablet
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction while taking rivaroxaban (the active ingredient contained in Xarelto) hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using rivaroxaban and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- easy bruising, unusual bleeding (nose, mouth, vagina, or rectum), bleeding from wounds or needle injections, any bleeding that will not stop;
- heavy menstrual periods;
- headache, dizziness, weakness, feeling like you might pass out;
- red or pink urine;
- black or bloody stools, coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds;
- numbness, tingling, or muscle weakness (especially in your legs and feet); or
- loss of movement in any part of your body.
Less serious side effects of rivaroxaban may include:
- muscle pain;
- itching; or
- pain in your arms or legs.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.